Tuesday, March 10, 2009
NHL GM's Need Help
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9319166/NHL-GMs:-We-need-to-rein-in-some-of-the-fighting
NHL GM's want to get rid of some of the fighting? You can't take any of the fighting out of the NHL it's part of the game. Staged fights are just as important to the game as to standing up for yourself getting hit or standing up for a star of the team.
Certain players only make it to the pro's to stand up for the stars of the team. You can't take it out of the game. The fighters in the league know the rules. They know when teams need that boost so they fight and try to get their team the edge.
I don't disagree with giving a player a instigation penalty if they try to purposely get someone to fight them or for right off the face off. Though if two men are ready to go I don't see why they can't just throw down and get the teams/players disagreement over with.
I hope I never have to see fighting leave the game, but with some of the GM's not being fight fans. I can only hope that they understand the importance and keep it in the game.
By: Shane Murray
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment