For the Eagles and how I feel about the draft picks and the trade from this weekend.
Round 1 - Jeremy Maclin, Mizzou - I never thought that he'd be available so late in the first round, but thanks to Al Davis he was. He is a great pick for the Eagles. He should keep McNabb quiet for this season anyway.
Round 2 - LeSean McCoy, Pitt - Another small running back for the Eagles. I think they where looking for a guy that could split time with Westbrook. He should be able to do it. I was kind of hoping for a bigger running back though for short yardage. Since that was our weak spot last season.
Round 5 - Cornelius Ingram, Florida - A nice sized tight end that could go on the other side of the line in the Eagles two tight ends formations. I don't know how he is at blocking so I think he'll mostly be out for passing plays.
Round 5 - Victor Harris, Virginia Tech - I absolutely love this pick up. He won't be forced to start right away and with all the veteran corners on the Eagles roster. He'll be able to grow under them and learn from them. He reminds me of Lito a bit, maybe a better hitter though.
Round 5 - Fenuki Tupou, Oregon - Eagles got a pick here another tackle that can ride the bench behind the talented Eagles tackles. He should be able to grow and might even get a few plays in this season for running schemes.
Round 6 - Brandon Gibson, Washington State - I think this wasn't a bad pick at all. It could challenge the other wide outs that think they might make the team in the 4th or 5th spot.
Round 7 - Moise Fokou, Maryland - Another draft with late round line backer pick for the Eagles. I'm not surprised especially with how good our young line backing core is. I hope he sees some time on special teams and maybe can even take the weak side line backer spot, since the Eagles haven't really decided who they liked the most their.
Round 7 - Paul Fanaika, Arizona State - He should be able to grow behind the Eagles tackles if he can make the team. The Eagles have a lot of good young guards so it will be tough for him to make the team. He might make the practice squad though and still be able to grow from there.
Trade with Patriots for Ellis Hobbs - I personally don't like this trade at all besides the Eagles only traded two draft picks. I think the Eagles got him so that Jackson and Maclin didn't have to do kick and punt returns. I don't think you'll see him on defense that much, maybe in quarter and dime formations mostly.
By:Shane Murray

No comments:
Post a Comment