Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So, who could actually use Jay Cutler's services?


As promised yesterday, I said I would be getting up a blog that outlines which NFL teams could use soon-to-be former Denver Broncos' quarterback Jay Cutler.

The team that I personally think that could benefit from Jay Cutler's services would be the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings in many analysts eyes are just one position away from winning a championship. Unfortunately, Cutler also came from a pass-happy offense in Denver where he put up 4500 plus yards last season, but the Vikings are predominantly led by their ground attack of "All Day" Adrian Peterson. The Vikings with Cutler behind center would have to revamp their entire offense next year in order to accommodate Cutler.

Keeping with the NFC North, I feel that the Chicago Bears would also be in need for a good quarterback. Both Kyle Orton, and Rex Grossman have proved themselves to be quite worthless over the past couple of years. Chicago is never usually looked at as an offensive team. Throughout their history in the NFL the Chicago Bears have always been a "defense wins championships" team, but could the signing of Jay Cutler switch things around in the Windy City?

Now for the Detroit Lions. The Lions pretty much have their hearts set on Matthew Stafford being their first pick in the NFL Draft this month, but wouldn't it make sense to bring in a veteran even if just for one year so Stafford doesn't have the weight of the entire franchise on his shoulders right away?

Let's move a little west and visit St. Louis now. Marc Bulger has been on a downward spiral as a quarterback for the past couple of years. The Rams could easily use Cutler to hearken in a new era in St. Louis virtually beginning to revamp their entire offense.

Let's head back east now for a two city stop. The New York Jets Jets Jets are now Favre-less and without an accomplished quarterback to win (or lose in Favre's case) games.

Let's cross the great state of Pennsylvania now and head south to Philadelphia. Philly fans over the past couple of years have been calling for the heads of Donavan McNabb and Andy Reid. There has also been rumors flying around in the brains of Eagle fans every where that think a straight up McNabb for Cutler trade would make sense. Personally, I don't think it would. I know quite a few Eagles fans personally *cough*Shane and Billy*cough* that would rip Cuter apart at the first mistake he would make. I also don't think Cutler is mature enough to handle the City of Brotherly Love, but if Cutler could get over his immature ways, I think he would be a good fit for the Eagles' offense.

Not see your team on this list? You should be thankful. Cutler I think would be a good fit in Buffalo with T.O. Could you imagine two drama queens like these two on the field together? One crying because there's another quarterback, and another crying because he's not getting enough balls thrown to him. Come on. These players need to grow up sometime and realized that they should be blessed to play a game that they love for millions of dollars. Thus ends my rant. Good day.

By: Christopher Diltz

No comments:

Post a Comment