After thanking everyone for being able to come and listen to his story of taking steroids, Alex Rodriguez started by saying, "It's extremely tough to admit mistakes, but I'm relieved to move forward."
Alex today announced that he did in fact take a steroid known as "boli" or Primobolan. Primobolan is used to to achieve more muscle mass and strength. Primobolan is the same steroid that Barry Bonds tested positive for.
Alex Rodriguez told journalists that his cousin came to him with this "boli" substance and promised him that it would give him a huge energy boost and it was also harmless. It was imported from the Dominican Republic where it can be bought over the counter.
A Rod said that him and his cousin would take the injections two times a month, but they only did it for six months and told no one about it. A Rod also said that he did not consult any physicians for advice about taking these injections. Finally, A Rod said in 2003 he stopped taking the injections do to a serious neck injury he suffered. But this story contradicted itself when he also said he stopped taking them when players voted for complete testing of steroids.
Alex kept reiterating on the fact that he came into the league at the age of 18 and was 24 when he started taking the substance. "When you're young and stupid, you're young and stupid," Alex had to say about taking the steroids. "I didn't think they were steroids," he added, "It was over the counter. It was really basic... I just gave it a try," he said.
Alex, who was given a chance to speak with his teammates during the open forum could only say "I'm sorry," when given the chance. Alex had to pause for quite a while fighting to hold back tears. "For a week I've been looking for people to blame and the only person I could find to blame was myself," Rodriguez said.
Alex was then asked what he thinks parents should tell their kids that look up to him. "I think god put me in a position," he said. "Put me in a forum where my voice can be heard and parents tell their kids not to do it."
"Judge me from this day forward that's all I can ask for," He added at the end of the question and answer segment.
By: Christopher Diltz

Well now, I like the fact that it wasn't bashing A-Rod...
ReplyDeleteThough, I would be interested in hearing your commentary on this.