After going under the knife November 24th to repair a bum hip, Chase WFC Utley, was supposed to be out anywhere four to six months. Utley lived up to his hard work and determination and now could possibly be in the line-up April 5th against the Braves for the season opener. "I think it's pretty realistic at this point..." Utley said of being ready for the first game of the season.
After Utley cooled off during the second half of the season, many questioned if he was hurt. Chase stuck to his hard noised play and finished out the season, and helping the Phils win the World Series. "The last thing I wanted to be was a distraction, especially at the end of the year when we were playing so well," he said. "I always felt like I had an opportunity to help the team. Not every day I helped, but I felt like I had a small part in that at least. It's a learning experience, but we got through it. I don't know how it's going to change anything I do in the future. I guess we'll see."
Having Chase for the season opener would be a great relieve for all Phillies Phans.
By: Billy Donahue

No comments:
Post a Comment