Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well... the time has rolled around again this year. It's the sacred time that we wait for every year around this time. No, I'm not talking about Valentine's Day! I'm talking about the NBA All Star Weekend! Tonight we'll be focusing on what I think is the most exciting part of the All Star Weekend, the slam dunk contest. Personally I can't wait to see what Dwight Howard does this year. If anyone remembers from last year, he decided to play a little Superman for his fans.


Personally I can't wait to see what the man has in store this year for us. Or maybe another young star will be Superman's Kryptonite. I guess we'll find out as I continue this while watching.

Alright we have ourselves a quick update to explain what just happened. It's down to the last two guys. Nate Robinson of the New York Knicks , and Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic. Nate Robinson who is only 5'9" (I just thought I'd add, that's as tall as I am) took a running jump over Dwight Howard who just happens to be 6'11" and dunked it. Dwight "Superman" Howard decided to pull the classic leap from the foul-line dunk, but unfortunately Superman's kryptonite this time was Nate Robinson who won the dunk contest by a mere 52% of the votes versus 48% of the votes awarded to Dwight Howard, last year's champion. So congratulations goes out to this year's champion Nate Robinson. We look forward to your return as the champion next year in Dallas.

By:Christopher Diltz

No comments:

Post a Comment